Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving, Nepali-style


Okay so Thanksgiving is kind of an American-only thing, no one else really feasts on behalf of Native American and pilgrims. The Nepalese don’t need an excuse to feast on amazing food, we do that everyday :)

Nevertheless, having grown up in the U.S., I have American holidays engrained into me so I couldn’t forget the third Thursday of November.

The only problem is that no one else celebrates it here (also, there are no turkeys here).

So instead, I spent this Thanksgiving on top of a mountain, picnicking with my family while watching the sun set in the Himalayas.

Nagarkot is the highest peak around the valley at an elevation of 2,195 meters.  The 360 degree mountain view is breathtaking. It really can’t get more perfect than this.















I have so much to give thanks for. Even just this trip itself - sometimes I still can’t believe that I got this incredible opportunity. I have been talking about this trip for years and I’m finally here. I’m so thankful for the support of my wonderful family and friends, my alma mater, my professors and advisers, my mentors, and my scholarship donor. I really would be nowhere without you. 

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment